Friday, October 27, 2006

Snyder Ready to Coach Again?

Former Kansas State coach Bill Snyder might not be a former coach much longer. Snyder, 67, sounds like a man who has the itch to get back in the game. He told the Kansas City Star that he has been contacted by a couple of teams gauging his interest in making a comeback in 2007. "I've had a call or two," he said, declining to name the teams that contacted him. "I'm going to wait till the season's over and see how I feel about it. At this point, I'm comfortable. I have no anxiety attacks." Snyder also wrote an open letter telling Wildcat fans to get behind coach Ron Prince. Kansas State fans are restless because the team has lost four of five. "Ron and his staff are doing marvelous," Snyder said, "and they're on the right track." Snyder said the letter was his idea and Prince knew nothing about it, but not everybody thinks it was such a grand idea (some registration).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greatest coach I have ever been around. Any school would be quite fortunate to have Coach Snyder running their program. I am very lucky to have had such a great man running our program when I was at
K-State. Coach Snyder is not only a great football coach, but a great mentor for anyone lucky enough to play for him.