Monday, August 04, 2008

Barnhart Leaving Journal-Constitution

The hits to newspapers keep coming. Will Collier of From the Bleachers was the first to send us the news. Tony Barnhart, longtime writer at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, is taking a voluntary buyout.

Barnhart makes note of "an upcoming change in my relationship with the AJC" in his Mr. College Football blog.

"On a personal note: I want to acknowledge and say thanks to those of you who wrote words of encouragement concerning an upcoming change in my relationship with the AJC. Given the realities of the blogosphere the word has gotten out about some of the tough decisions a lot of us in this business are having to make. I’m not in a position to talk about it now but I hope to be able to do so soon. But I did want to thank you for the kind notes."

No comments: