Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Hart: I Made It Up

Kevin Hart, the Fernley (Nev.) High offensive lineman who said he was duped into believing he was recruited to play at California acknowledged Wednesday that he made up the story.

"I wanted to play D-I ball more than anything. When I realized that wasn’t going to happen, I made up what I wanted to be reality," read a statement sent out by Teri White, assistant superintendent of the Lyon County School District, on behalf of Hart. "I am sorry for disappointing and embarrassing my family, coaches, Fernley High School, the involved universities and reporters covering the story."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Wazzu or Bust, said it all in the comments, "Forget a prank, this kid lied to try and get a girl and it blew up in his face. Once he was getting the attention and being interviewed he couldn't stop. He is from a small town in Nevada, he probably never thought anyone else would find out."