Sunday, October 15, 2006

Preemptive Strike

Georgia fans can't be happy that coach Mark Richt let one off the hook Saturday. The Bulldogs lost their homecoming game to Vanderbilt, 24-22. But if this setback gave anybody the idea to start Fire Mark Richt, forget it. The domain was snatched long ago by William Neilson when he was a student at Georgia. Neilson, who now attends law school at Loyola University in New Orleans, said he got the idea after a night on the town. "I did it while I was drunk," he said. "I was out having a good time downtown [in Athens] and went home and did it." The site's message: "Fire Richt? Why? He is the best thing to happen to this program since Herschel Walker." Neilson's motivation was to prevent somebody from launching a cyber attack on Richt much like the one that damaged Ron Zook when he was at Florida. "When somebody did that to Ron Zook, it got me thinking. I don't like Zook ... So when that happened to him a few years ago, I didn't feel so bad, but I knew I didn't want it to happen to coach Richt."

No comments: